NYT: If you see gibberish on a computer screen, it might be terrorist encryption software

Close, but all those look like single-wondow displays. A TRUE hacker/terrorist/“encryptor” is required to have a minimum of four monitors in order to hack/terrorize/encrypt correctly.

8 Likes

I think it’s obvious anyone showing any Arabic numbers on their keyboard is up to no good.

20 Likes

Ok, so where’s the Rule64 version of this terrorist gibberish screen?

1 Like

Perhaps it was Unicode Arabic rendered as ASCII.

1 Like

First, no one is saying you are wrong. Second, esp. depending on the topic, we are the plebes. :raised_hand: Love the plebes. :rainbow:

1 Like

Can’t help you there, but the Rule34 version is something like

5 Likes
          ,--.!,
       __/   -*-
     ,d08b.  '|`
     0088MM     
     `9MMP'     

(markdown is weird - why is the lower part red?)

4 Likes

It’s coming from inside the Times!

17 Likes

This is some “terrorist fist-jab” level numbskullery.

3 Likes

when I first read the headline I thought the word that should be in between the comma and might should be ''you, so a jeff foxworthy routine based on encryption software instead of rednecks.

No, they just use a Bootstrap template. No need to fuss with any of that secret code geek stuff.

Just an offshoot of COBRA if you ask me.

2 Likes

V phg qbja gerrf, V fxvc naq whzc,
V yvxr gb cerff jvyq sybjref.
V chg ba jbzra’f pybguvat,
Naq unat nebhaq va onef.

N͕̖̹̠̣̞͔̝̻̳͙͙̭̹̜͍̙̈́ͪ̓͒̽̒ͣë̜̟̘̱̹͔͈́ͥ̂ͣ̿̀ͨ̅̚w̮̞̫͍̠͙͓͖̰̑͆̈́̋͊̆ͤ͗ͪ͌͐̊ͥ̀ͨ ̖̹̝͔͎͚͓͉̭̒ͧ͆͆ͧ̆̈́͊ͮ̍̚Y͚̪͚͈̫͒͛̏̐̈͌̎̔ͫͧ͋̐ͬo̖̥̹̱͍͙ͬ̑̀͒ͫ͆́ͣ̎̍͒̊̋̚ͅr̲̜͉̹̫̩͉͚̪̠̬̬̦ͧ̈̉̇͛ͨͧ̄͋̓ͬ͆̚ͅk̼͔̗̮̹͍̋͛̄̀͐̈̉̃ͤ͐̓̍̍͂ͥ͆͗ ͔̼͚̻̠̼̻͎̥͙͚̫͚͉̬͈͋ͮ͋ͪͧͥ̓̂̐͋̌ͭ̀T̘̦̭͎̋̈ͣ̾ͧ̆i͈̙͙̪̘̯͖̮̓ͩͧ͌̓͋̏ͮ̂̓̚m̯̜̠̟̫̳͚̗͈̯̠̣̟͍ͬ̊̅̏̊̒ͅe͍̣̜̳͇͙̹͍͕̭̗͙͇̫̍̓͐̽͐̃̂̐͆̍̊̇̑̇͋ͨ̉ͅs̗̦̞̣̣̣̙̬̩͖̙̫̻̠̦̼͚̾̾̀͗͊ͩ̐ͨ͋ͤ̊?̱̪̻̱̣̯̯̖͇̫͈̯̳͍̥̌ͪ̒ͣͬ̎ͩ̎̓ͥͪ͛

3 Likes

OMG! Quick, NYT! Before it’s too late! Fail to adequately investigate your own claims about national security!

2 Likes

Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry puddings?

3 Likes

Newbs

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve known for a long time that just having the MU* client on my laptop connected to my favorite MUSH made me looks like some sort of computer hacker/genius to the average person. That’s why I always have it open and connected. (and not of course for the intended use of conversing with friends)

2 Likes

7 Likes