My blood runs cold
My memory has just been sold

8 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

" You’ … "

o_O ?

… OBO

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: ?? (is it like a one time thing?)
hmm…
… this new affiliate plan on boingboing has certainly taken an interesting direction

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/food-scientist-thinks-people-should-overcome-their-reluctance-to-eat-maggots-that-feed-on-waste/

3 Likes

Black Lives Matter protester ID’d from Twitter photo via facial-recog system secretly used by US law enforcement

A protester accused of punching a police officer was arrested after he was identified by facial-recognition software that has not been publicly disclosed before: the National Capital Region Facial Recognition Investigative Leads System (NCRFRILS).

The software is currently employed by 14 local and federal agencies in the US and was revealed in court documents reviewed by The Washington Post . Reports said that the NCRFRILS - apparently a pilot program of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments - has run 12,000 searches as of last year, and attempts to match faces against a database of 1.4 million people.

3 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes
12 Likes

Or more likely, went into retirement, ammirite? That’s a sweet payday.

1 Like

I wanted to but was scared of unleashing some sort of “the Ring” type outcome.
It’s good, you say? And no new hauntings to report?

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s completely harmless. She asks about your family med history, assuming for the maggots, and few other funnies and states that this is only an annual event as it takes time to re-charge between “services”.

All in good fun. No ghosts. Family friendly.

2 Likes

But with Cocomelon, you know what you’re getting; a series of inoffensive, if slightly unsettling, songs that go on and on and on for long enough to let you sneak off and cook dinner. It’s the preschool equivalent of a mindfulness app, or a white noise machine, or a fairground hypnotist who seems just about friendly enough to look after your children while you nip away to the toilet. And that’s why Cocomelon is doing so well on Netflix. It isn’t because people like it. It’s because it’s a reliable enough stand-in when a parent just wants to go and do a poo alone for once in their godforsaken life.

5 Likes

Good old machine translation.

15 Likes

That pretty much describes all children’s television though.

No. There are/were plenty of shows that aren’t like that.

1 Like

Fixed that for me.

Deloitte’s ‘Test your Hacker IQ’ site fails itself after exposing database user name, password in config file

Updated A website created for global consultancy Deloitte to quiz people on knowledge of hacking tactics has proven itself vulnerable to hacking.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at Odd Stuff (Part 2).