Odd Stuff (Part 1)

Alan Turing’s OBE medal, PhD cert, other missing items found in super-fan’s Colorado home by agents, says US govt

“More than 250 items belonging to super-Brit Alan Turing, including his OBE medal, that went missing decades ago were found hidden behind a bathroom wall in America, according to new court documents.”

Weird.

8 Likes

"…unnamed man is being kept in a small, 20-foot-by-20-foot bio containment room and treated by a robot with a camera, a microphone, and a stethoscope."

4 Likes

It says moops!

3 Likes

More like infuriating… Turing is without a doubt an incredibly important figure in modern history, given his role in both the war and in shaping modern computing. Some asshole hoarding what rightfully belongs to either his family or to an archive is enraging.

7 Likes

“…And in Central America, iguana is a delicacy. It’s something - they’re actually farmed for food. So this gentleman just thought, wow, I just have a bunch of protein here. He’s on Key Biscayne. He’s sort of picking up all these iguanas that appear to be dead on the road that had fallen out of trees. They turned gray and were not moving at all and very cold to the touch.”

“And he put them into his vehicle. He’s loading them up like he was stocking up for a big barbecue. When they went back into the vehicle, the vehicle warmed up, and those iguanas started coming back to life. And all of a sudden, they started getting up and running around in the car, and it caused an accident.”

12 Likes

Something for the Weekend, Sir?

Clunk, whirr, buzz, whine. Shared office space can be a riot and sounds like one too

1 Like

Did you see this from last year? Made me cry at the time, powerful stuff.

9 Likes

BOFH: When was the last time someone said these exact words to you: You are the sunshine of my life?

2 Likes

Umm, wow. That is earily reminiscent of the Blue Flu outbreak in The Stand. That just can’t be good. And for the patient, it has to be terrifying.

4 Likes

16 Likes

Vitamin C what they did there!

12 Likes

Don’t know what team he plays for, but obviously not the Packers.

8 Likes

Nope, you are not. And I struggle to believe this was accidental. The artist had to laughing up (his, I suspect) sleeve the whole time.

9 Likes

Indeed. The anatomical correctness is a bit too correct for this to be a mistake/coincidence.

It’s the wall art that launched a thousand boyhood snickers.

8 Likes

@pesco are you the one that is always posting about witch bottles?:

4 Likes

hqdefault (1)

4 Likes
4 Likes

An app that lets juicers (charge-gig) see all the scooters makes Lime very unhappy.

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes