Odd Stuff (Part 1)

Well, you can go again (yay), since it’s the “school” that’s closing, not the two places.

1 Like

It was cool to go and visit and to see students inhabiting the space. Their presence added a particular life to the place. Without them there it’s just a museum albeit a great one.

3 Likes
3 Likes

And is it coincidental that the Japanese are moving ahead with their own version of the Space Force? I think not!

6 Likes

I think I know what you mean. We went to the Bauhaus school/campus/community in Dessau, Germany. Going into a dorm room, and seeing photos of the students in said dorm room, etc. isn’t the same thing as witnessing a vibrant working campus. It felt empty, because it was.

6 Likes

While many on BB might be too young to remember the phenomenal Natalie Wood, she did get a thread here not too long ago. All the years I’ve lived here, I was not aware that this infamous yacht was here, though I’ve certainly walked by it since I frequently park at this harbor.

3 Likes

Building this before any giant lizards, evil robots or alien armadas turn up can only be a good thing.

5 Likes

I’ll be surprised if some Ayn Rand-loving billionaire doesn’t step up and throw some pocket change at that school to keep it running.

2 Likes

“Hall also decided that he wanted more testicles, so he found a plastic surgeon who inserted three more. Hall explained that he enjoys the freedom of manipulating his body as he pleases.”

7 Likes

From my experiences with city planners… [shrugs] not that weird, really.

2 Likes

Vendor-bender LibreOffice kicks out 6.4: Community project feel, though now with added auto-█████ tool

Well, that is a surprise.

1 Like

Something for the Weekend, Sir?

1 Like

SF tech biz forks out $146m in fines, settlements after painkiller makers bribed it to design medical software that pushed opioids to patients

A US software developer must cough up $145m in fines and settlements – for building an application that counseled doctors to prescribe highly addictive pain pills against medical guidelines after it was bribed by painkiller manufacturers to rig the system.

3 Likes

The age discrimination lawsuits she engendered won’t step down with her.

1 Like

New exhibition:
https://www.kunstpalast.de/en/museum-3/Exhibitions/Preview/kauffmann-en

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be great if they were all that weird? I mean, think of the kinds of cities and spaces we could be living in.

Wow. Maybe we all need more balls.

Meanwhile, doomsday hidden bases!

3 Likes

Well, Merry Brexit everyone.

5 Likes

To quote a former boss and mentor:

“Best we stay inside. The Planning Division is moving offices and I really don’t want to see social planners in their weekend clothes”

1 Like