Odd Stuff (Part 1)

If you’re wondering how Brit cops’ live suspect-hunting facial-recog is going, it’s cruising at 88% false positives

tumblr_lx34h4zW171qbqth1o3_500

6 Likes

“We’re not really sure if it’s broken, or maybe the battery just died. We were able to return it to the owner but we haven’t heard from her whether it made it through the ordeal,” she said.

“It was pretty gross. It had some bits of partially-digested fish and some parasites on it.”

7 Likes

Builds character.

6 Likes

NordVPN quietly plugged vuln where an HTTP POST request without authentication would return detailed customer data

1 Like

Want to own a bit of Concorde? Got a cool £750k in your pocket? We have just the thing

1 Like

BOFH: Here he comes, all wide-eyed with the boundless optimism of youth. He is me, 30 years ago… what to do?

That’s pretty much how I remember my internship!

2 Likes

“Local authorities believe that the accident was caused by brake failure that caused his truck to slide downhill.”

“The damage is incalculable,” Camilo Rapu, president of Easter Island’s indigenous Rapa Nui community"

5 Likes

That’s horrible. A loss to the world.

5 Likes

Something for the Weekend, Sir?

One for the super rich fanbois: Ultra-rare functional Apple-1 computer goes on auction

1 Like

Hiding in Plain Sight

This is probably what the folks were trying to do down on the Peruvian deserts but, in a different way.

4 Likes

Your theory is actually the most plausible I have heard so far.

1 Like

Towel Tablets

Take two in AM and call me from the pool when ready.

6 Likes

Disney makes those in washcloth-size with their characters on them. A good stocking stuffer when the kids were little. I think they might have gone into birthday party goody bags one year, even.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

This pic is just too adorable:

14 Likes