Odd Stuff (Part 1)

Eagle-on-EGLE* violence: American icon sends govt-flown drone hurtling into the waters of Lake Michigan

A government drone pilot watched $950 meet a watery end after a bald eagle took umbrage at a DJI Phantom 4 Pro being used to map the shoreline of Lake Michigan.

6 Likes

Shocking no one, not enough foreigners applied for H-1B visas this year so US govt ran a second lottery

Too few H-1B hopefuls applied for employment visas this year that the US government has held an unprecedented second lottery to reach its annual quota.

6 Likes

Didn’t Trump just suspend the H1B program?

1 Like

Where there’s a .mil, there’s Huawei: Pentagon allowed to keep using Chinese tech deemed too dangerous for everyone else – report

The crackdown on telecoms gear from Huawei and other Chinese companies in federal networks will not apply to US Department of Defense, at least for a few more weeks.

1 Like

The NSA doesn’t need a direct line into everything the military does I guess. Everyone else on the planet has to use privacy denying US gear.

This ran as an ad on YouTube before the video I wanted to watch and I was so gobsmacked I just had to share.

8 Likes
4 Likes

That’s why I don’t floss.

2 Likes

Weird flex but ok

9 Likes

That’s some piss poor line of succession planning.

11 Likes

At least there is no problem of nepotism.

14 Likes

Given how they’re reacting and how far gone people in some of these 4chan and related subcultures are in seeking the approval of their peers, what are the odds he did this on purpose to become the legend he clearly is for them now?

6 Likes

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I just learned about blanket octopus today and wanted to share the awe.

The female can be up to 6 feet, while the male is the size of a walnut! He detaches a special arm-like thing full of sperm and gives it to her for safe keeping. When she’s ready, she lays her egg and sprinkles them with the sperm.
Also, they’re immune to the sting of the Portuguese Man of War jellyfish, so they’ll detach the toxic tentacles from same and brandish them as weapons against foes! What a glorious planet.

13 Likes

Octopus?

3 Likes

Yes, fixed it! Thanks :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll allow it
: )

4 Likes

gif-desktop-clean-icons-6078391

14 Likes

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/203-E-Morrison-St-Fayette-MO-65248/236128437_zpid/?fbclid=IwAR2ErsFXST64KdGTqJ1o9LQQ0ucQfi4Si8F3M_nj97QfH7Dbf3sJs5B0ZMI

Picture #30

9 Likes

Is there a niche market for serial killers now?

4 Likes

That’s the rec room.

3 Likes