9 Likes
1 Like

source (25) Hmmmmmmm

11 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes

Stupid question:

If an anti gravity device is turned on it would stay still right? But Earth, Sun, Solar System, Galaxy and so on move right? So the device would just fly off in some random direction or crash in to the Earth.

1 Like

I am not a scientist, but I think you still have the atmospheric drag and the inertia the object already had from being pulled along. My guess is it would continue on the path it had when it was turned on, and lazily separate itself from the earth as their trajectories differed.

1 Like

‘Work is an activity not a place’ got tired on LinkedIn about three months ago, but Citrix just based its new logo on the idea

Logowatch Citrix has “unveiled fresh thinking about what employee experience means” and launched a new logo to prove it.

Ooh! Fresh thinking. All of us here at The Register love that. What you got, Citrix?

2 Likes

Singapore to pay its citizens to wear Apple Watches

Singapore and Apple have cooked up a scheme that will see the city-state’s citizens rewarded with gift vouchers if they wear the Apple Watch as part of a national health promotion programme.

To score any rewards Singaporeans will need to download and use an Apple Watch app called LumiHealth that delivers “weekly activity goals, wellness challenges and nudges that cover nutrition, sleep, mental wellbeing, and more, tailored to your health goals and Apple Watch activity.”

2 Likes

0ops. 1,OOO-plus parking fine refunds ordered after drivers typed ‘O’ instead of ‘0’

The local council overseeing the core of the Australian city of Melbourne has been told to refund around 1,200 fines that resulted from drivers making a minor typo.

3 Likes

Net neutrality lives… in Europe, anyway: Top court supports open internet rules, snubs telcos and ISPs

Europe’s top court has decided that the continent’s network neutrality rules will stand, rejecting challenges from the telecoms industry.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Amazon Lex can now speak British English… or simply ‘English’ if you’re British

It’s only taken three years, but the conversational interface tech underlying Amazon’s Alexa assistant is now capable of the world’s lingua franca in its purest form – “British English”.

1 Like

Once those warnings had been sent, the council resumed fines for the character confusion.

Now the council has not changed its rules to allow parking inspectors discretion to not issue fines based on zero/O confusion, but has made it a valid reason for an appeal against a fine.

Nice. Sure they’ll waive the fine for people who notice how unfair it is, and bother to fight it.

1 Like

"Republicans like environmentally sustainable countertops as much as Democrats do,” he said

The Republicans I know take pride in not buying the environmentally friendly options of everything.

8 Likes
3 Likes

So, blend random plants into a paste then freeze the result and call it ice cream?

5 Likes

The next big scare tactic to come from the Trump campaign, I bet.

2 Likes
4 Likes