Odd Stuff (Part 1)

Researchers At Large Hadron Collider Are Confident To Make Contact With Parallel Universe In Days

3 Likes

Yeah. Though i’m still with Cory on this, it’s not mind control. Not that i’m saying he is making that argument, at least i don’t think he is. To quote from How to Destroy Surveillance Capitalism which is well worth a read IMHO…

Surveillance capitalism is segmenting times a billion. Diaper vendors can go way beyond people in maternity wards (though they can do that, too, with things like location-based mobile ads). They can target you based on whether you’re reading articles about child-rearing, diapers, or a host of other subjects, and data mining can suggest unobvious keywords to advertise against. They can target you based on the articles you’ve recently read. They can target you based on what you’ve recently purchased. They can target you based on whether you receive emails or private messages about these subjects — or even if you speak aloud about them (though Facebook and the like convincingly claim that’s not happening — yet).

This is seriously creepy.

But it’s not mind control.

It doesn’t deprive you of your free will. It doesn’t trick you.

6 Likes

/Wino Priorities /Not Winona Ryder/Good Times

4 Likes
6 Likes

Angle grinder envy I have.

1 Like

I wish I had a room to put some tools… and perhaps a telescope.

1 Like

That sounds surprisingly fun. Have you checked it out?
We have a little trail in our woods that I’ve been thinking of setting up as a kind of obstacle course just to make exercise more alluring in this depressing timeline. This might do the job for me…

2 Likes
5 Likes

The Areena’s alcohol license is for 1,150 people. You could assume that if there are 100 - 200 people then it will be quite spread out," she said.

tenor(6)

9 Likes

Search on “tensegrity”.

2 Likes
7 Likes

winona-what-sure-yeah

8 Likes
11 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

26 Likes