Odd Stuff (Part 2)

A Wine Glass Shattering at 187,500 FPS Reveals the Destruction in Excruciating Detail

1 Like

Today on That’ll Buff Out:

The Hunt for Red October 52.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Ford made a premium gas fragrance for EV owners who miss the smell of fossil fuels

4 Likes

2 Likes

Whenever foreign students would come to my kids’ (urban) high school, that was the number one thing they wanted as part of their US experience: to ride in a yellow school bus. So every year, I’d be one of the adult chaperones for 3 hours each way through cornfields to the state capital, which was the only opportunity to put them on such a bus.

Let me tell you: they are not great to ride in. Not safe (they rely on the fact that they are bright yellow and everyone knows crashing into kids is very bad), very bumpy ride, not well insulated from heat or cold…and horrible gas mileage.

The only advantage, I suppose, is that a used one can be gotten for a lot less money than a Mercedes Sprinter van.

13 Likes

Anyone in the market for a Alplet?

9 Likes

Ooh, that would be perfect for my SO.

1 Like
12 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Can I get it to go?

3 Likes

That’s between you and Tom.

5 Likes

1 Like
12 Likes

The Pit and the Pendulum is simply Dabney Coleman swinging from the garage door opener.

9 Likes
1 Like

Nope.

17 Likes

Oh, that is my worst nightmare. We are getting more mosquitoes due to climate change and I HATE THEM!

When I was a kid, it was the buzzing in my ear. I would stay up until I hunted it down and killed it. Now we have two new types of stripey mosquitoes that are both silent and bold. They will land on your hand in the middle of the day while you’re texting. Grrrr.

8 Likes