Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Concerns over damage to Scottish countryside by increasing numbers of wild boar.

Article estimates that the population of the feral beasts is around 3000 - 5000.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Crack team of boffins hash out how e-scooters should sound – but they need your help*

Boffins from UCL’s Person-Environment-Activity Research Laboratory (PEARL) have linked arms with London e-scooter providers to decide on a “universal sound” for the silent but deadly transport mode.

[…]

While PEARL’s adherence to the scientific method is admirable, The Register is sure that our readership might have some ideas about how e-scooters should sound. So please cast your votes in the poll below or – even better – suggest your own in the comments.

(Poll is still open.)

10 Likes
9 Likes

The Flight of the Bumblebee, of course.

2 Likes

Star Trek background hum

5 Likes

I went with Cryptocryptocryptocrypto, it just seemed so fitting.

Current poll (still open) results:

4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

They’re not as tasty as fresh iguanas.

8 Likes

No animals were harmed.

Available at Anthropologie

6 Likes
8 Likes

https://blog.replika.com/posts/building-a-compassionate-ai-friend

From the article:

If you’ve watched the movie “Her” or "Blade Runner 2049,” you might recognize what we are trying to create.

This is very much not the lesson you should be taking from Blade Runner.

10 Likes
7 Likes

“A mega-flash is a really, really big lightning flash,”

So would a kilo-flash be a really big lightning flash?

I’m guessing a milli-flash would be a really small lightning flash, etc.

5 Likes
12 Likes

The officer showed a military-issued ID card, pulled up the official website on their phone and explained the recent history of the Space Force. The desk attendant believed the service member was no longer active in the Air Force, couldn’t comprehend the existence of the new branch and didn’t want to issue the discount.

“In the moment, I was flabbergasted,” said the officer, who spoke to Military.com on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal by Space Force superiors. “We tried to take it on methodically and convince him that the Space Force was real.”

8 Likes

Bensalem is north eastish of Philly in Bucks County.

11 Likes

Idea of downloading memories far-fetched say experts after Musk claim resurfaces in latest Neuralink development

3 Likes

I posted the Texas version of this story a few days ago but it seems to be taking on a life of it’s own now.

This is some of the oddest f’d up fearbating ever.

12 Likes