Odd Stuff (Part 2)

6 Likes

The Macallan Reach. 1940 (81 yrs)

Drink and sculpture/box yours for $125,000.00

Perfect for your evil lair built for world domination.

8 Likes

2 Likes

I want that Mac Callan, too

4 Likes
5 Likes
14 Likes
11 Likes

The environmental impact of old turbine blades will be huge. They’re only good for about 20 years. This project used up two blades.

BTW, the town of Youghal is pronounced the same as y’all. “Howdy Youghal!”

8 Likes

As much as that of burning the fossil fuels replaced by them? I dont think so.

And as the new bridge exemplifies, there are ways to put the old ones to use, likely including ways not even thought of yet.

8 Likes

Not at all, the wind turbines have enormous benefits. But they still create a lot of waste at the end of their lives. Thats all i was trying to highlight. Ireland has few natural energy resources. Coal - not much, and its a dirty anthracite; peat - destroys the boglands; gas - most reserves were sold off by stupid government deals years ago; solar - ha ha ha!

I’ve seen some articles about recycling the fiberglass as use as concrete aggregate, which would be good in Ireland where houses are mainly built from concrete blocks, but that relies on new house construction. Road projects arent a great user either as roads in Ireland are built differently than in the USA.

Ireland also doesnt have a lot of space to build new landfills. Im all for re-use.

11 Likes

18 Likes
6 Likes

Do want…

4 Likes

It makes me laugh every time I see it.

8 Likes

I guess that’s where the beef is?

8 Likes

except in the ocean :smiling_imp:

1 Like
5 Likes

Safety note: Do NOT get your gauss rifle wet!

4 Likes

TIL about double proxy marriage :astonished::

7 Likes

That really is a cool, odd thing!

For the record, the page the woman turns to in the red leather book is not from her tenure at all; it’s from when Montana was still a territory. I recognize the form and the style of filling it out, from research I’ve done for people. It changed after Montana became a state.

11 Likes