Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Perfection.

10 Likes

In this timeline, I could imagine an encounter with the Borg leading to a similar result:

:robot: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
[The people on Earth panic, while the Borg continue broadcasting their intentions]
:robot: Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.
[They scan news broadcasts and learn about the pandemic]
:robot: Your culture will adapt to…serve us…virus?
Borg Queen: Assimilation canceled. The Borg bring order to chaos, but these reactions to a pathogen are extreme. We will continue our pursuit of perfection…elsewhere.

10 Likes
5 Likes

If looks could kill, they probably will…

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Elon Musk’s ‘Public Transit’ in Las Vegas Still Just Humans Driving Cars Slowly in a Tunnel

My prediction is that (since there is no sign of those 16-seaters yet) it won’t be long until they start experimenting with having several cars driving through the tunnel at once. Very close together. Possibly linked, either electronically or/and mechanically. Maybe even putting in something like, say a steel profile, that makes sure the cars can’t veer sideways and brush against the walls. I wonder what they’d call this kind of transport system, though. Always tricky to come up with a good name for something revolutionary, disruptive, totally new, isn’t it.

ETA:

10 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks, that’s wonderful!

4 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

If you want a really expensive house on wheels, check this out:

8 Likes

I never imagined I’d hear the prepositional phrase “in the basement” in a discussion about an RV.

13 Likes

Trenched highways?

6 Likes

Spy agency GCHQ told me Gmail’s more secure than Microsoft 365, insists British MP as facepalming security bods tell him to zip it

3 Likes

US Homeland Security sued for ‘stonewalling’ over use of Clearview facial recognition

[…]
Four non-profit organizations focused on civil and immigration rights – the ACLU of Northern California, Mijente, Just Futures Law, and the Immigrant Defense Project – filed the lawsuit [PDF] on Tuesday in northern Cali. They all put in freedom-of-information requests to Uncle Sam over its use of Clearview’s tech last year, and have had no response.
[…]

3 Likes

With the right design, it could serve as a panic room. With those high RV repair costs, the new owner might need one!

4 Likes