Odd Stuff (Part 3)

Parma Jawn flavor?

4 Likes

9 Likes

I don’t play many video games anymore, but I might have to give this one a try for the nostalgia alone.

1 Like

Wondering who would willingly buy “Gritty Potato Chips”?

9 Likes

9 Likes

Catnip/silver vine-based bug repellent = repels mosquitoes and attracts the neighborhood cats!

@ClutchLinkey weren’t you recently making plant-based bug bite salve? Want to experiment around with this? :smiley_cat:

13 Likes

Indeed I was and yes I do! I wonder if it will work with dried catnip - I have a bunch of that.
Based on the title, before reading the article, I was thinking the cats had to chew it up and was picturing a “civet coffee” type scenario, which I am less interested in experimenting with :joy:

Thanks for the shout out. I wouldn’t have seen this otherwise. I’ll let you know how it goes. If I could make an elixir that repels mosquitos and attracts kitties in one go, I’ll be rich! Rich, I tell you!!!

10 Likes

To get really really rich, an additive that makes dog poop glow in the dark for about 10 seconds after it’s deposited would do the trick.

1 Like

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

(I don’t quite follow…but I don’t have a dog…)

1 Like

4 Likes

Oh I agree so much, even though it’s been years since it’s been a need for me.

1 Like

Eh?

1 Like

Can I field test it? Gotta make sure it works on different populations of mosquitoes (and cats), ya know :wink:

5 Likes

Sure thing :wink:
I’m trying to decide if it should be a spray, so, alcohol based, or more like a lotion or oil that you rub on. The bug bite stuff (which I can attest works) is more like a salve (I poured it into lip balm tubes) since you just need to apply it directly to bites. Though, tbh, at this point in the New England warm season, it might as well be a lotion. The bugs are voracious up here.

5 Likes

The whole cheese whiz on cheese steaks thing is perplexing. :thinking: My SIL, who now lives in the suburbs, loves the whiz. I tried telling her that Cheese Whiz is basically made from liposuction fat. :wink:

8 Likes

I meant the City- not the condiments.

People like what they like. I almost never eat a cheesesteak. Not a fav.

6 Likes

In the dark, when trying to find the deposit, or when it’s been left on wet leaves, it’s a challenge. A glow would be really helpful.

3 Likes

Natasha Lyonne Perfection GIF by Team Coco

6 Likes

Speaking of body horror…

Some pretty grotesque art work here, so be warned…

Makes these events more apt, somehow.

5 Likes

Just a thought…I go with sprays and use them on my clothing to repel bugs, because there’s no good way to tell if lotions mess up sunscreen. :sunglasses:

ETA

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Oh well, more for the rest of us!
Food Cheese GIF by visitphilly
jk, I only eat provolone on mine… :yum:

7 Likes