Odd Stuff (Part 3)

I cross-posted about this in the misogyny thread, because the comments of that project director and the reporting of the story left a lot to be desired.

13 Likes

Lots of garish display at the link, of an especially tacky sort, if you’re into that sort of thing. It’s like Trumpian decore on acid. Or maybe on
70s TV?

14 Likes

Today on Designing While on LSD
 Holy Bizarro! What was in that tanning oil??

thats-crazy-brian

Clearly The Breaker‘s evil twin.

Fun fact: Marla Maples was a Hawaiian Tropic model when she met trump. Rice introduced them.

14 Likes

I have gazed into the abyss

9 Likes

18 Likes

And sneezed?

8 Likes

No, it’s the sun that does that

(Not really, but the people I know that have photic sneezing really seem to weirdly enjoy it)

6 Likes
8 Likes

I see your mansion on a beach designed by a beauty contest owner and offer a mansion in the Midwest designed by someone who actually went by “Mr. Big.”

https://www.realtor.com/news/unique-homes/kessler-mansion-indianapolis/

But, those pictures are after years of disuse, when the place was dressed for Airbnb. In these you can see all the chandeliers, gorilla statues atop columns, and what it looked like before railings were installed on the balconies. Oh, and a mannequin.

It was up for sale again this year and it looks like it was actually sold. You can also see more of the weird windows in the listing.

10 Likes

IME, the abyss blinks first.

4 Likes

Re: Kessler Blvd.

Those decks/awnings/filigree are pretty cool!

Curved decking

Antoni Gaudi would be comfortable with those.

11 Likes
6 Likes

oh come on now

FB_IMG_1669129804262

20 Likes

Seems like the local gentry has fallen on hard times?

13 Likes

Is anyone shocked that the two dominatrixes involved look like this? Totally onbrand!

5 Likes

Not following. Is there a typical “look” for BDSM people?

This line is great, though:

[Archbishop Gregory] Aymond had the altar removed and set it on fire.

and this is not surprising:

Archbishop Gregory Aymond called [the Priest] Clark’s behavior “deplorable” and said his “desecration of the altar in the church was demonic [. . .]That same month, another priest in the same archdiocese was credibly accused of molestation, and while he was eventually removed from public ministry, Aymond notably did not call him demonic.

11 Likes

Well, there are protocols to desecrate an altar (or even an entire church if need be), but they work somewhat different from how Clark went about it.

5 Likes

The perfect headline doesn’t exis
 insert slow clap gif

11 Likes

I especially liked the random kid in two of the photos. It kind of went (with) the randomness of the house.

ETA: with

5 Likes

Goth chicks into Catholic cosplay that involves sex on an alter
 I mean
 on brand.

5 Likes