Odd Stuff (Part 3)

Who the fuck is this for?

14 Likes

Centrists. Who, you know, see both sides.

12 Likes

Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix: Is Graham Hancock’s theory true?

6 Likes

Okay, the reality behind this is probably that someone somewhere was tasked with coming up with a new product or a new way to sell an existing product. Multiple versions of the words etched into the thing for multiple marketing opportunities.
So that someone scrolled through a list of holidays and “holidays” on the internet and found President’s Day. And went with “let’s just use the four most recent ones”.

5 Likes

He has a point about the public having a short memory. I mean, how many of you guys remember when the Earth blew up and we had to move to this planet, and the government decided not to tell the more stupider people about it because… - and I think I may have said too much. Never mind.

9 Likes
1 Like

Steve Martin.

ETg

5 Likes

I wish Dr. Jeb Card had a show instead.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Quick search on Jeb and hollow Earth found these:

Jeb was a The Archaeological Fantasies Podcast cohost they don’t seem to have decent website anywhere.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Folks like this always reveal their true agenda in the end, though. It’s to promote that fantasy there was an advanced White civilization that invented everything, while “others” were ignorant, savages, or some combination of the two. Still, they were somehow wiped out by the forces of darkness, who proceeded to steal all their stuff and ideas.
They claim this is why their privileged, yet pissed descendants are surrounded by monuments to “others” achievements, culture, and history. Some are convinced if they just dig deep enough, the proof of their supremacist delusions will be found.

:thinking: If only we could find some unclaimed canyon and seed it with a few “artifacts” for them to find. Once they’ve gathered there to celebrate and take a closer look…

black and white loop GIF by Doze Studio

:smiling_imp:

6 Likes

YARN | Oh, lying right there. The human doll. | Planet of the Apes '68 (1968) | Video clips by quotes | 384825eb | 紗

4 Likes

I watched the trailer. I had just recently finished reading 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed BY Eric Cline and assumed this should would be on the bronze age collapse. I only had to see Rogan’s stupid mug in the trailer of this to know it was total nonsense.

Edited to add: Forgotten peoples of the ancient world by Philip Matyszak is great too.

4 Likes

Worth reading?

3 Likes

Yes. He covers a whole group of theories on the bronze collapse and who the sea peoples were. You really wouldn’t get that kind of info if you weren’t reading journals in some University dept. I added another book on the subject that I enjoyed (Forgotten peoples of the ancient world by Philip Matyszak). In Matyszak’s book he’s discussing some Akkadian ruler from 2000 BCE whose hobby was archeology.

4 Likes

At sea level, water boils at 100° C (212° F).

7 Likes

Don’t they have tempering valves on showers in Finland? Nevermind. the temps exceed the tempering valve’s ability to handle it. Yikes.

6 Likes

Should they leave the taps running a bit to try and lower the temp?

3 Likes