Odd Stuff (Part 4)

3 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

1 Like

14 Likes

4 Likes

EN-RA-HA!

3 Likes

My driving partner in the behind-the-wheel portion of the required-to-graduate drivers ed high school course had her purse under her legs (big mistake), took a turn a little wild due to ice on the road and the purse shifted to under the pedals, next thing you know she’d driven into a snow bank on the side of the road. Unfortunately, that wasn’t during class, but rather during the driving test. Oops.

6 Likes
5 Likes

#FungiFriday is a thing in the Fediverse.

1944169d41582dd3

6 Likes

As someone who has worn glasses for the past 45 or so years, I have one thing to say:

Amateurs.

8 Likes

Relevant:

9 Likes
12 Likes
4 Likes

I would love to be able to order ahead and just pick up the stuff all at once. :+1:

5 Likes
8 Likes

Ah, just a dented noggin. Not skin cancer.

"But as many have observed on Reddit and Twitter, it’s highly unlikely that headsets are actually altering the shape of anyone’s skull. [
]
So what we’re seeing in these examples is the result of the headset pushing down on fat and soft tissue, or is nothing more than the natural shape of some people’s heads. Any indentation would likely go away with a bit of massaging and a long enough break from wearing a headset."

Makes me wonder if this holds entirely true for younger humans who are still in their growth phase. After all, there are cultures who were really into cranial modding. Although that might only work if you start at the toddler stage.

5 Likes

Perhaps wearing headphones almost continually from an early age could prevent the coronal suture from closing properly. I doubt it though

7 Likes

Does true love even exist anymore? SMH

5 Likes

9 Likes

Can’t argue with that.

(Bad safeword.)

4 Likes

I was looking for a particular song by Laurie Anderson, where she talks about church groups making videos in a church basement of biblical stories, and I thought it was on “The Ugly One with the Jewels” but now I can’t remember which song

But this seems to be about that level of production values? :thinking:

[ETA] This is the song

Low-budget productions

6 Likes