Odd Stuff (Part 4)

šŸ‘½ šŸ›ø

:open_mouth: :grimacing: :laughing:
Most of those engineers in Alabama (second only to Massachusetts) are up here in Huntsville doing Dept of Defense work. We also have lots of caves, including one under the hill I live on. Guess Iā€™m good then.

Sorry, Nevada!

5 Likes
8 Likes

Any idea where that came from? Interesting! Iā€™m in the right place to survive an alien invasionā€¦

9 Likes

I dug it out of Bruce Sterlingā€™s Tumblr.

But a bit of innernets pounding gets me to this:

which claims its source is

ā€¦ all that fantastic high-standards journalism source materials, surely.
/s

12 Likes

Thanks for digging that up!

You Are Awesome GIF

6 Likes

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. The state where your chance to survive an alien invasion is best would be the state least likely to be invaded. Which clearly and by a wide margin is, obviously, Rhode Island.

9 Likes

10 Likes

871a7c3f-23e3-4876-a4b4-1bfd143e02f2_text1

9 Likes

ā€œā€¦ rural states near Nevada are toastā€ :alien:

8 Likes
8 Likes

I adore the word ā€˜discombobulatedā€™ for several reasons, including its implication that one may be combobulated.

7 Likes

54e528ce0b01fcc01d005c1fd8ad4992

4 Likes

9 Likes

LGR Oddware: Installing an Apple II in a PC! 1980s Diamond Trackstar Cards

7 Likes

And, as with the maps indicating ā€œmost likely places to survive climate changeā€, I remind my :us: friends that nothing exists in that black hole north of your country. Nothing at allā€¦ :no_mouth: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I really dropped by to post this; if you do travel north :canada: youā€™ll need your canoe, but keep in mind that you still need to drive it sober.

Only in :canada:, eh? :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Fair warning, though. Iā€™ve paddled this lake. Itā€™s hard to do it sober. I canā€™t imagine doing it drunk :joy:

10 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Whatā€™s odd about that? Asking for some friendsā€¦ :wink:

9 Likes

Murals of cartoon characters including Mickey Mouse and Baloo from The Jungle Book painted on the walls of an asylum seeker reception centre to welcome children have been removed on the orders of the immigration minister, Robert Jenrick.

The murals were painted over because he thought they were too welcoming and sent the wrong message.

Staff at the reception centre for small boats arrivals in Kent were horrified by the order, and opposed to painting over the murals.

[emphasis added]

Give Up Reaction GIF by Freeform's Single Drunk Female

5 Likes