Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Yeah, but who would wear a square peg leg to a party.

[Insert Peggy joke.]

5 Likes

My girl has got no legs
All she’s got is stumps and pegs
And I’d buy her anything
To keep her alive!

(Army marching cadence)

6 Likes

I still didn’t get it, even after FGD gave it up

I had to look it up on Reddit :disappointed:

5 Likes

4 Likes

We’re doomed

5 Likes

So tempting…

5 Likes
6 Likes

Don’t cause me too… :laughing:

3 Likes

Damn Canada, why you hate Egypt so?

4 Likes

Same. I kept thinking of a different joke involving pirates. I won’t tell it because everyone knows it or something similar involving brown pants.

“First mate, fetch me my brown pumps! You know, the ones with the kitten heels.”

3 Likes

But after investigations were carried out by Poland’s Internal Security Agency, it seems that local radio enthusiasts using amateur equipment managed to copy the brake signal used to override the manual functions of the train operator and force the trains to stop abruptly, causing the accidents.

Train forums and YouTube accounts for train enthusiasts have discussed the phenomenon at length going back several years.

According to them, trains use a radio system that is not protected by encryption or any other barrier to access. Anyone can emit a series of three frequencies at 150 megahertz, and launch the radio-stop command.

4 Likes

Ruck fussia.

6 Likes

I forgot to add this.

But after investigations were carried out by Poland’s Internal Security Agency, it seems that local radio enthusiasts using amateur equipment managed to copy the brake signal used to override the manual functions of the train operator and force the trains to stop abruptly, causing the accidents.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Is there a word for these mother and son epiphanies?

4 Likes

Writer’s Strike?

10 Likes

Thanks! I heard that Colbert & others had started a podcast to support their staff during the strike, but I hadn’t gotten around to searching for it yet…

The story from the article is from the first episode that came out yesterday. It’s called Strike Force Five:

10 Likes

What assholes! But yeah, still, ruck fussia.

5 Likes

Here’s a Rolling Stone article I posted a coupla days ago:

7 Likes
6 Likes