Odd Stuff (Part 4)

from

Enjoy feeling old millennials! :laughing: :hugs:

9 Likes

I ordered a cocktail that wasn’t on the menu.

7 Likes

Queensland government PSAs and First Dog on the Moon; two great tastes that go together?

26 Likes

10 Likes

Insect spill causes swarm of beekeepers.

19 Likes

I demand a recount.

11 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

Top Russian rocket scientist dies from ‘mushroom poisoning’

September 2, 2023

Oh well, these things happen.

6 Likes

Saying he ate edible mushrooms doesn’t make the death any less suspicious, one-box.

4 Likes

Quite. They’re all edible, at least once.

8 Likes

https://archive.ph/LeKAX

2 Likes

… I heard they can also serve briefly as a boat

3 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/chris-rock-says-burning-man-toilets-can-t-18344552.php

With access in and out of Burning Man closed for the time being, a new dire problem has arisen: No one can clean or empty the portable toilets. Among others, comedian Chris Rock, who appeared to be at the festival, pointed out the problem. The issue will likely only get worse with upwards of 70,000 people currently sheltering-in-place.

“From what I understand, because of the flooding, the port-o-potties reportedly can’t be emptied. And because the gates are closed, people can’t get in to fill generators or deliver supplies,” wrote Rock in an Instagram story that has since disappeared but was circulating around social media.

Update: He’s making it out of the desert

4 Likes

i’m making book on how long before this situation dissolves into Lord of the Flies/ cannibal survival scenario.
any takers?
current line is 3 days.
over/ under bets?

2 Likes

Myre Festival?

9 Likes
14 Likes
9 Likes

3-D Comics have a fascinating history within comic books. It involves inventions by luminaries of the field, like Joe Kubert. Lawsuits involving William Gaines from EC Comics. Jumping into fads from movies like Bwana Beast and Friday the 13th Part 3-D. And the bankruptcies of two comic book publishers.

5 Likes

A robbery suspect under police surveillance managed to ditch undercover cops — just long enough to rob another Florida store, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.

IMG_0287

7 Likes