Odd Stuff (Part 4)

30-50 Roentgen. not great, not terrible.

8 Likes

… I think in American English “bull” has the connotation of railroad security, from hobo slang

4 Likes

Like Finnish sinivuokko [Anemone hepatica (syn. Hepatica nobilis), the common hepatica, liverwort, kidneywort, or pennywort].

Others include kyttä [person who stares] and paskalakki [shit hat].

4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

Pink Flamingos!

13 Likes

“There’s a nation-wide laxative shortage, the Wall Street Journal has reported.”

5 Likes

2 Likes

awesome john waters GIF by gifnews

Oh No Mood GIF by Saturday Night Live

I have a colonoscopy next month!

6 Likes

Berry smoothies! Tons of fiber, lots of great vitamins and minerals. Add a few veg if you don’t have a picky 6 year old.

I hate those :confused:

9 Likes

(Link fixed thanks)

2 Likes

That link returns:

1 Like

This is my first. No one seems to recommend them… :sob: But if it’s all clear, I don’t have to have another for a whole decade! I still need to get a mammogram scheduled… I hate those, too. :sob:

9 Likes

I cannot recommend baby wipes enough for the laxative part of the process. That is all.

5 Likes

The mammo wasn’t nearly as bad as I feared. Uncomfortable yes, but not painful. And I’m on the larger side with dense tissue. The nurse said the imaging tech has gotten much better, so it isn’t usually painful at all.

My last colonoscopy was in college, quite a while ago. It was the prep I hated. Procedure itself was fine. Spouse got one fairly recently and he didn’t have to drink as much of that yucky stuff.

Possible TMI

make sure you have soft wipes on hand. Best, if you can, to use a bidet or shower head after each trip instead of wiping. Any chaffing gets exponentially worse towards the end if you haven’t been taking care from the beginning

8 Likes

The baby wipes phase was tough, but short. The dietary changes were more annoying because they lasted a week or more.

5 Likes

getting an all clear is worth the indignity

7 Likes

Really? I don’t remember the dietary part being that long. I really hate the liquid you have to drink.
ETA:

Yep. Just like the mammograms and pap smears. Gotta get it done

6 Likes

selena gomez crying GIF

For some reasons, both times I had it done previously, I nearly passed out… Not the worst pain, but for some reason…

Me too.

Yeah, it will be!

Yeah, the doctor gave me a list of how to change my diet for week prior… not exciting…

8 Likes

I didn’t find them that difficult. The most annoying part was needing someone to bring me home because of the meds.

I hear that the prep has improved some - which is certainly good news.

Good luck!

6 Likes