Odd Stuff (Part 4)

4 Likes

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

4 Likes

I’ve had pineapple and anchovies on the same pizza and it was delicious.
There, I’ve said it.

8 Likes

Alison Brie What GIF

7 Likes

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

5 Likes

Meet Kierstan Belle of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Belle is currently running for a city council seat. For reasons I can’t quite make out even when I squint at them, Belle claims she managed to trademark the logo for the Gettysburg Area School District and is now demanding a licensing arrangement be made with the school district and a company that sells school apparel locally.

3 Likes

My mom lives nearby and knows lots of folks there and parents of one of my elementary school friends live there. They seem to fit right in.

2 Likes
11 Likes

I don’t know if this is meant to be an endorsement or indictment.

3 Likes

Me neither. They are very colorful people and I can imagine them hosting 70’s style key parties. My mom just says it’s gross.

2 Likes

But do they provide cord, bolt and sphere? :thinking:

5 Likes

York is lovely…

4 Likes

Excel recruitment time bomb makes top trainee doctors ‘unappointable’

4 Likes
3 Likes

LOL, I’ll be the one drawing irreverent stuff in the marginalia of my journals.

2 Likes

Chris French, Head of the Anomalistic Psychology Research Unit at Goldsmiths, University of London, has a hunch about why people find some places to be more haunted than others. “The moment that you say to someone, ‘And this room is supposed to be haunted,’ your whole psychological mindset changes,” he says. “You enter the room and you notice creeks and little changes in temperatures and all sorts of things that you probably wouldn’t have noticed if somebody hadn’t put that in your mind.”

French has dedicated his academic career to discovering what exactly happens to the human mind when we experience ostensibly paranormal events. According to him, an important ingredient to inspiring paranormal experiences is context.

2 Likes
7 Likes

DARPA worried battlefield mixed reality vulnerable to ‘cognitive attacks’

DARPA is launching a program to head off “cognitive attacks” for mixed reality headsets that could, in theory, cripple future warfighters when deployed.

The forthcoming Intrinsic Cognitive Security (ICS) program was sent out to tender this week, along with a proposers’ day on October 20. On that day, DARPA officials will let bidders know what exactly they want from an ICS system that protects against attacks targeting soldier senses.

[…]

5 Likes

Ahhh, excellent idea for next year’s array! :+1:

15 Likes

Satan got married before having kids, God knocked up a teenager and forced her to keep it, then left!

14 Likes