Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Who you gonna call?

11 Likes

Kinda looks like antifreeze?

6 Likes

Why do Xenomorphs drool so much?

5 Likes

14 Likes

It will introduce NFT functionality? WTF does that even mean??

All I know is that seeing the images of the good old Winamp I remember makes my heart hurt. I just want that back. Why haven’t any other media players managed to catch up to what Winamp was 10 years ago?

I’ve been living like a caveman for the last month with a metered internet connection, so I’ve basically been listening to NPR on a real radio and the soundtracks for Divinity Original Sin 2 and Baldur’s Gate 3, because those are what I have on my computer. I’ve been using VLC. It’s not a great replacement for Winamp, but it’s ok. Yesterday I tried ReSonic, which has an overly cumbersome UI and is still working on implementing playlists. Playlists! Come on!

Honestly, I’d be fine with VLC if it would just remember the two darned folders that I load every time I open the player, and also had a “stop after current” button. But that’s too much to ask for, I guess. Winamp, in addition to whooping the llama’s ass, apparently still has me whooped.

4 Likes

15 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

That they’re late to the party. It’s all about AI this season, darling.

6 Likes

warning-from-space-warning

8 Likes

Exactly a decade ago, Amazon revealed a program that aimed to revolutionize shopping and shipping. Drones launched from a central hub would waft through the skies delivering just about everything anyone could need. They would be fast, innovative, ubiquitous — all the Amazon hallmarks.

…

Dominique Lord and Leah Silverman live in College Station’s drone zone. They are Amazon fans and place regular orders for ground delivery. Drones are another matter, even if the service is free for Amazon Prime members. While it’s cool to have stuff literally land on your driveway, at least the first few times, there are many hurdles to getting stuff this way.

Only one item can be delivered at a time. It can’t weigh over five pounds. It can’t be too big. It can’t be something breakable, since the drone drops it from 12 feet. The drones can’t fly when it is too hot or too windy or too rainy.

You need to be home to put out the landing target and to make sure that a porch pirate doesn’t make off with your item or that it doesn’t roll into the street (which happened once to Mr. Lord and Ms. Silverman). But your car can’t be in the driveway. Letting the drone land in the backyard would avoid some of these problems, but not if there are trees.

Amazon has also warned customers that drone delivery is unavailable during periods of high demand for drone delivery.

7 Likes

What about the family pet exploring the landing target?

4 Likes

I’m sure AI will handle that just fine!

5 Likes

(I have relatives – who call them headlights, among other things – who would love this joke.)

7 Likes

2 Likes
6 Likes

Just the brain?
tumblr_nd78ihr9171rl1uklo1_500-716662508

7 Likes

12 Likes

I Need It Reaction GIF

8 Likes

@NoContextHumans

9 Likes