Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Worst honeypot ever!

6 Likes

There are private jet membership ads on my teevee. MSNBC.

BAJit

WTF?

2 Likes

New Kodak Super 8 Film Camera Thought to Be Vaporware Is Actually Coming Out, Costs $5,495, Charges With MicroUSB

4 Likes

13 Likes

I saw a personalized car plate this AM that was: WINAMP. How funny.

7 Likes

The nostalgia hit I got from scrolling through that gallery was potent. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

My brother designed many, many skins, and suffered from having them stolen and redistributed without attribution. I did a quick check and see that some of his stolen skins are there. Pity there’s no reporting mechanism.

4 Likes

… I guess the pitch is that it’s cheaper than owning our own airplane :confused:

3 Likes

Must be for those liberal coastal elites. Flying back and forth over the deplorables in flyover country, don’tcha know.

3 Likes

Renting a jet without your own trusted, hand picked staff and family crest emblazoned on the fuselage?

What would they say at the Bohemian Grove?

5 Likes

The Mighty Turkules!

8 Likes
2 Likes

Once you poop you can’t stop?

Sorry pop not poop.

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks for this! I’ve got to scroll through it later. I used to use a custom skin but somehow lost it over the years, maybe it’s in the list.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Drat! I love a good baked potato. Chicago did have The Mashed Potato Club, which was also a drag bar. The spuds were great.

5 Likes

As I have already sai in another thread, I have recreated The Grand Royale at home and it was fantastic. I’m thinking about doing this once a year as a traditional thing; haven’t settled on a date yet.

5 Likes

Millions of years before the earliest birds appeared, mystery animals walked around on birdlike feet, study finds

Three-toed fossil footprints that date back more than 210 million years were pressed into soft mud by bipedal reptiles with feet like a bird’s, a new analysis of the tracks has revealed.

The footprints, found at several sites in southern Africa, were recently identified as the oldest birdlike tracks ever found, preceding the earliest known skeletal fossils of avians by about 60 million years.

“Given their age they were likely made by dinosaurs,” said Dr. Miengah Abrahams, a lecturer in geological sciences at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. Abrahams is lead author of the new study describing the tracks, published Tuesday in the journal PLOS One.

Theropods, including Tyrannosaurus rex, were a diverse group of bipedal meat-eaters with three-toed feet. But among these newly examined dinosaur tracks were some that differed from typical theropod prints. The outliers had a shorter extension of the central digit, a much wider splay and “significantly narrower toes,” making them look more like the footprints of birds, Abrahams told CNN in an email.

However, because the animals that made the tracks are unknown, their relationship to birds is unclear. The prints could represent a missing clue about avian evolution, or they could belong to reptiles that aren’t close to the avian lineage but independently evolved birdlike feet, the researchers reported.

9 Likes

Follw-up:

We challenged you to come up with tech predictions for 2024 (wrong answers only) – here are some favorites so far

3 Likes