Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Netflix is weird but a guess: To encourage people to re-up to save all their settings/favs? Aimed at people who subscribe once every year for a single show or scant few specific shows and then drop it until the new season is out a year later

5 Likes

6 Likes
4 Likes

:thinking: Wow, only $10. That sounds cool!

Cochrane, Ont., located more than seven hours north of Toronto

Ok, really cool. :cold_face: Still, with decent heating and wearing six or seven extra layers that should be fine…

Cochrane is no “small town desperate to grow its population,” but rather, an “extremely vibrant community” known for its polar bear habitat

polar bear man GIF

2 Likes

debb7248-550a-4734-a167-229e66c7b9a3_text-1861631907
Achem. Excuse me. Wheat, you can put your wheat in there.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Casio EG-5

4 Likes

Township officials said the fire company has been involved in five state investigations since 2019 regarding administrative and operational compliance issues.

The council suspended the company for 90 days in 2021, locking firefighters out of the building. Then a couple of months later, the council voted to save the department and opted to meet with all parties involved to resolve issues.

2 Likes
1 Like

5 Likes

Yoink!

5 Likes

I recently had a dream like that.

6 Likes

The thread, Ariadne! The thread!

3 Likes

1 Like
4 Likes

I didn’t want to leave the house today anyway.

3 Likes

:thinking: With that many compliance problems, it could be an insurance/liability issue for the municipality. They might minimize risk by using services from other fire companies, but a negative reaction from the community can spill over into ugly political backlash, too.

5 Likes

from

7 Likes

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-03865-y

Surge in number of ‘extremely productive’ authors concerns scientists

Some researchers publish a new paper every five days, on average. Data trackers suspect not all their manuscripts were produced through honest labour.

4 Likes

That is the way to do it.

7 Likes