Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Neither, but he also wasn’t a musician…or am I too limited in my definition of a producer?

3 Likes

I believe he was a musician, but decided to make a living as a producer… I want to say that Spector was sort of the origin of the super-star producer who understands music, and employed the new technologies in the postwar period (or I guess you could argue that’s George Martin, who produced the Beatles, not the fantasy writer).

But either way… not a punk… (though maybe @knoxblox’s “punk-ass”?). If people generally agree with @timd about End of the Century, then he clearly did not understand punk music (I joked about them “not being punk, because Sire”).

He also did Leonard Cohen’s Death of a Ladies Man… which…

:thinking:

5 Likes

Where I grew up, it meant, “asshole” or “loser”.

7 Likes

Yep! :+1:

4 Likes

IMG_8653

8 Likes

My neighbors caged parrot spends the winter inside, in their bedroom. In warm weather the put it on their front porch. It makes sex sounds “uh uh oh oh uh uh” that are very clearly sex sounds. This winter it learned, and repeats over and over “fuck you, ese.”

9 Likes

16 Likes

Coincidentally right by the Chinatown split

8 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

By that logic1) one could just as well file them under “Country & Western” because Johnny Ramone was a lifelong Republican.

1) Sire Records’ in the ad.

Edit: tyop.

7 Likes

Check It Out Would You GIF by chelsiekenyon

8 Likes

Cavendish__stop asking about bananas

5 Likes

Drunk David Tennant GIF by Doctor Who

10 Likes

6 Likes

So, wait…you mean to say the folks in what would become India are standing around with a bunch of bananas, but once Alexander the Great comes traipsing along, the bananas are “discovered” all of a sudden? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

To be fair, she did note it was imperialism, a recurring theme in the video, so perhaps she’s doing a bit of her own… Also, the thing I found most interesting was that the banana flavor is from an earlier banana that has been extinct for a while…

6 Likes

I can handle Cavendish, and whatever is “platanos” in Tijuana, but I certainly don’t like those old bananas.

Wild Animals Monkey GIF by PBS

5 Likes

14 Likes
4 Likes