Odd Stuff (Part 5)

from

19 Likes

because my knowledge of geopolitics was provided by the U.S. education system.

Don’t apologise, we could have guessed.

3 Likes

Yes, mon! Mi almos’ alweys h’up fi Red Stripe!

8 Likes
9 Likes

Yes, one of Illinois’ best beers!

7 Likes

21 Likes
9 Likes

“hooray, beer?”
this news gives me a sad.

4 Likes

Is there something special about red stripe? I remember it being the cheapest beer available and therefore my drink of choice in my favourite Dundonian night club in the mid 2000’s.

7 Likes

Cool job posting at ProPublica

We are seeking a computational journalist to join our data team to use their technical knowledge, as well as emerging technologies like artificial intelligence and large language models, to help us investigate the world and unlock stories that would otherwise be out of reach.

Journalism experience is a plus, but we especially encourage applications from people with quantitative/research backgrounds, such as statistics, data science, AI and machine learning. Ability to code well is a must.

Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who would pitch us on ideas that use technology to do things we hadn’t dreamed of doing. That could be renting a boat to test the WiFi networks at Mar-a-Lago, having students scream into black-box hardware or using the power of programming to fingerprint and cluster propaganda videos.

silent-film-still-fainting-granger

9 Likes

Blue Jays Yes GIF by Toronto Blue Jays

Only after a proper wake, of course…

5 Likes

I always found it to be absolutely delicious, esp when in JA. It’s never been cheap here.

Jamaican-brewed Guinness is also excellent.

6 Likes

An early Musk “invention”?

16 Likes

That’s… kind of genius, actually… :laughing: You’re sure to get butter on the whole cob that way!!!

Also, notice that the two bowls there are sitting on a roomba?

What was even happening at this dinner party…

10 Likes

A friend of my stepsister’s was furious with me (an unwilling bridesmaid) when I refused to join the Catch the Bouquet Scrum. I said that I didn’t want to “compete” for anything {least of all a bridal bouquet!}. She all but shouted, “But you HAVE to compete!!!”

I looked at her like she was nuts and walked away. After her display, I wouldn’t’ve even stood way behind the scrum.

:notes:Rebel in a white dress
Rebel in a white dress
Rebel with a white dress on :musical_note:

She spent the whole time telling people what to do at my stepsister’s wedding, and as far as I knew, no one had died and made her damn ass King. A pushy AF, demanding, control freak jock. Not my cuppa as people go.

I caught another beer at the bar instead, then burned a number w/my mom.

14 Likes
5 Likes

20 Likes

Nice catch.

Maybe they can be programmed to serve as a Lazy Susan?

:thinking:
:laughing:

10 Likes

Brilliant!

Cat Inspiration GIF

14 Likes

In homage to Jurassic Park, researchers store DNA in amber-like polymer

8 Likes