Odd Stuff (Part 5)

15 Likes

Saw this video first, late last night:

and this is from today’s noon news:

They expect it to burn for days!

We’re not terribly far from Downtown, and I could smell it, and it made my throat burn. The bathroom window was open just a few inches, and I shut it the next time I’d gone upstairs after seeing that first vid late last night.

Seems okay in the house right now.

12 Likes

That’ll teach the scofflaw not to try and cheat His Majesty by writing outside the permitted area.

14 Likes

damn! for a minute there, i thought that was one of my post cards!
hold on, everyone! they went out and should arrive within the next 121 years!

16 Likes

Think how valuable they will be by then!

10 Likes

10 Likes

Not Doing That No Way GIF by CBC

12 Likes

giphy-304813011

That might be too risquĂ©, I’m not sure where they stand on the evils of dancing.

10 Likes

16 Likes
3 Likes

AI can’t be “objective” as it can’t form opinions. It takes input and synthesizes output from those inputs. If you feed it garbage, it spews garbage. Which I guess is kind of like “learning” from a human perspective but unlike a human it can’t form its own ideas and can’t think for itself. This also means it can an absolutely make mistakes and be wrong.

As someone that frequently uses ChatGPT as a kind of technical search engine when I’m running into coding problems I can emphatically say this is completely untrue.

This person clearly doesn’t know shit about AI and are simply in thrall to the hype.

I’d trust someone who was using Sim City as mayoral training over someone who says “fuck it, let the machines do it all”.

10 Likes

17 Likes

She sounds downright murder-ous.

14 Likes

That seems like a false dichotomy for at least a few people I know.

6 Likes
13 Likes

*groan*

ETA: For anybody that doesn’t get the joke, it’s a pun on the song title “Dancing With Tears In My Eyes” by Ultravox, of which Midge Ure was the front man for many years.

10 Likes
6 Likes

That’s what the clown in the article says. Not my opinion. Of course when it all goes wrong, he’ll blame the AI, not himself for using the AI.

2 Likes

Elphaba didn’t have the flying monkeys?

FlyMyPretties

2 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/reynolds-3d-printed-gun-etsy-19715053.php

Bay Area startup founder arrested, accused of selling 3D-printed guns on Etsy

On Etsy?

8 Likes