Oh, fellow Vault Dwellers...! What never changes?

Most of the Fallout games (all the PC ones) are on sale at Steam this weekend. Fallout 1/2/Tactics are more expensive than when GOG had them at full price :frowning:

I didnā€™t make the Barry=Barack connection when I first read this and now I want to make a Barry Chuckle character for Fallout.

1 Like

Donā€™t fall asleep at the switch everyone, this is going to be great:

And for those iOS people:

1 Like

Holy shit, it looks even more amazing than Iā€™d hoped. I donā€™t mind that the character textures and animations arenā€™t top-of-the-line, but the fact that there will be just so much to do has me impatiently drumming my digits, waiting for November 10.

I might not spend more than ten minutes crafting any weapons (Iā€™d completely forgotten you even could craft weapons in Fallout: New Vegas, since I never was interested in even trying that part of the game, nor did I ever play Caravan or any of the other minigames), but Iā€™m probably gonna spend many a happy hour building my little Wasteland outpost and arming it with wild weapons and crazy/ingenious traps. Canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

I built weapons, but never really used many of them. Except for bottlecap mines. Iā€™d drop those and make some fun. But once I got my hands on the Reservistā€™s Rifle, wellā€¦ Oh< i suppose I did build the one that let me shoot teddy bears at people. That was fun. I never got the hang of Caravan, no matter how often I played and lost. Blackjack was always my strength in NV.

But yeah, I recall the town that had been mined and had the sniper. That was an awful surprise to come across.

But wait 'til they get a load of me.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I did make bottlecap mines. I still habitually collect lunchboxes and cherry bombs, just because those mines work so much more effectively than regular mines. But the teddy-bear gun and any of those things that required a crutch and some medical tubing and a steam valve? Never bothered getting those schematics. And other than flat-out repairing, I donā€™t think I ever modified a weapon.

2 Likes

The dart gun in Fallout 3 was incredibly useful for dealing with deathclaws. They arenā€™t so scary with two crippled legs.

1 Like

Wish Iā€™d known that before. I had to completely avoid them for a long time until my guns and armor got really buffed.

1 Like

After I got the space gun I felt really bad about one shot one kill on them, but, as the saying goes, donā€™t start none, wonā€™t be none. They always had to start it.

1 Like

Deathclaws, like bloatflies, I never once regretted whacking. Iā€™d get a lump in my throat when I had to put down some rando mirelurk. Surely it was some poor motherā€™s beloved larva once.

Oh, by the time I needed to get to Old Olney I was buffed and had the alien blaster. I didnā€™t see the purpose of using up ammo on them if I didnā€™t have to, but they just kept nosinā€™ around and getting their fool heads shot off.

Mirelurks also didnā€™t present a problem, but would attack anyway, so I feel the same. Except in the base of the carrier engine room, those ones can go to hell and die.

2 Likes

Have you tried Fallout Shelter yet on iOS? I started a vault this morning, but now the app keeps crashing on launch.

1 Like

Iā€™m an Android man, so Iā€™ll be waiting until it comes out on that.

I too do the Droid, but I had to borrow one of my wifeā€™s iPads to try it. Itā€™s pretty fun, when it works. Luckily, the 2nd screen companion app for Fallout 4 will be both iOS and Android. I doubt Iā€™ll bother with the Special Edition Pip-Boy thing (at 45, Iā€™m really too old to be putting such a goofy-ass thing on my wrist, even in the privacy of my own vault), but the app itself looks fun.

Iā€™m tempted to get one just to keep it in a box and sell it to a rube in six monthsā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 626 days. New replies are no longer allowed.