On Clinton and Obama "giving up" in the face of Trump

1. Dude needs to learn what a blog is.

2. Dude needs to learn what game theory is.

3. Dude needs to stop.

12 Likes

I tried but my brain decided it didn’t need whatever that person was spitting out and told me to stop reading.

1 Like

The transition from trenchant analysis to “but… rah rah USA we shall overcome!” was definitely a bit abrupt for my tastes.

3 Likes

Same here. Fuck it.

I blogged almost daily for five or six years. This idiot can do it if he wants us to read his crap.

2 Likes

What tool are you using there? Is that an OCR app?

Yes it is an OCR app. Abbyy Finereader Pro for Macintosh. I use it for machine translation of old books, among other things

(Unfortunately, it doesn’t have all of the features of the Windows Pro version-- Fraktur, Training, and Proofreading-- which tends to limit the usefulness of embedding text in a PDF.) It is, by and large, more accurate, and easier to use than Tesseract.)

4 Likes

6 Likes

YESSSSS! Thank you! I’ve been trying to find a good OCR app for a while, so I’m always looking for recommends. This seems to do what I need exactly. Thanks!

As a side note, OCR on Linux is pretty dumb. Or else I am. Either could be true. Or both!

1 Like
1 Like

That doesn’t strike me as having been written by someone who was in a state to plan it out that calmly.

2 Likes

What the hell was that?

And here begins our present story. Let’s skip ahead to “Wikileaks.” BRILLIANT. Ingratiate the Left into this anti-establishment distrust of Western intel. George W Bush and Dick Cheney being slovenly, reckless idiots, the moral authority of Iraq and US intel is nil.

Okay, so being suspicious of intelligence agencies because of their part in justifying the Iraq war is falling for a fiendish KGB trap, got it.

Which played out. And now - headdesk - they’re going to Iraq. With bullshit intel. Goddamn it. GODDAMN IT. This is going to suck, said smart people.

But the intel was, as a matter of fact, bullshit. That’s how deep the conspiracy goes. Eric Garland himself is a KGB plant.

Anyone who is wondering why he tweeted this out one sentence at a time - it’s because if you write it out together it’s obvious he’s high on shrooms.

3 Likes

One would think that an effective intelligence agency has, collectively, a pretty good idea of what’s really going on. This collective accuracy may be impaired by over classification and paranoia, or a perceived need to make the facts fit a political agenda.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 68 days. New replies are no longer allowed.