On the joys of pairing champagne with McDonalds'

Originally published at: On the joys of pairing champagne with McDonalds' | Boing Boing

1 Like

I suppose a slight buzz might make having the trots more tolerable.

12 Likes

To be fair, there are few things that don’t pair well with sparkling wine. It’s the perfect anytime drink.

9 Likes

I dunno. McDonald’s’ problem is that it’s way too much fat and salt.

8 Likes

Champaign or California Sparkling Wine?

1 Like

Me and the missus routinely go to the seaside for our anniversary, and fish-n-chips on the beach with a bottle of champers is usually part of the plan.

Also, the end of popular winesnob flick ‘Sideways’ (2004) features a treasured bottle of expensive red wine (not melot) being glugged alonside a basic fried chicken bucket.

7 Likes

Bubbles bring out the preservative notes.

4 Likes

Are you starting a California Sparkling Wine ‘campagne’? :wink:

(Hint: it’s champagne and campaign.)

3 Likes

I think that’s why people like it…

sauce fries GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

8 Likes

It’s only Champaign if it comes from the fertile wine region of Eastern Illinois

16 Likes

I did a c̶h̶a̶m̶p̶a̶g̶n̶e̶ sparkling wine tasting at a winery and the food pairing was potato chips. The salt and fat do go really nicely with some bubbles.

4 Likes

Thi isn’t exactly an astounding revelation. Chefs And sommeliers have been combining salty and fatty foods with your wines and champagnes for quite a long time now. I would recommend some thing a little classier than a McDonald’s french fry our quarter pounder that’s me personally.

1 Like

I’d go for caper berries, olives and small squares of focaccia, things like that go all too well with prosecco.

1 Like

White Castle and sparkling wine seems like a deadly combination.

1 Like

2 Likes

Champagne >> real pain.

The nicest thing is Champagne will eventually make you forget you are eating shitty food.

1 Like

In China, the Pizza Hut menus give recommended wine pairings for the pizzas and other items. You can also order a steak.

2 Likes

Well, it does add a little sparkle to the day.

Why settle for Le Big Mac when you can pair it with a…

pulp fiction royale with cheese GIF

3 Likes