One of the last known photos of the Formosan Clouded Leopard is a picture of a vest

[Permalink]

SRSLY? Did you say “nice vest” sarcastically or because you didn’t want to have someone accuse you of Western-style judgement of other cultures? Because that vest would be shit even in the 80’s where those shoulders might fit in.

Dude is working tha’ bangs, though.

I keep bumping into fundamentalist capitalism whenever I try to talk about things that might cost someone profits. (Jobs) And what I keep hearing, is that unless you can attach a dollar value to something, then it’s not worth anything and you can’t ask someone to forgo profiting from that thing’s demise.

TL;DR - How much money is that single garment worth? I’m serious: If the insurance companies can put a value on a single random human life, what is the monetary value of a single charismatic megafauna species? It would have cost some money to set aside habitat for that critter, so could there have been any possible economic justification for doing so?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.