Online bubble-blowing toy

Originally published at: Online bubble-blowing toy | Boing Boing

4 Likes

fun! perhaps could use a surface tension slider? as blowing notably big bubbles seems not possible.

4 Likes

Move the fan around and you can get some good size bubbles. Or you can use the pointy thing to pop little bubbles that are clumped together. This is an amazing site.

4 Likes

Depends on your definition of “notably big bubbles”. So far, the biggest bubble I was able to blow was 181 pixels in diameter. By the way, most big bubbles seem to be unstable and don’t last long, but if a big bubble is blown carefully (with a nice continuous movement), then it lasts for a while.

(click for full size)

Edit to add: I broke my own record with a bubble of 201 pixels in diameter.

(click for full size)

Okay, last edit: I discovered that you can trick the code into closing a looped circular bubble into a huge bubble by rapidly moving the bubble wand in a fairly big circular pattern (and it helps if there are many other existing bubbles). My record is now 568 pixels in diameter!

(click for full size)

6 Likes

Watta coinkydink, I was just yesterday inconvenienced by a crowd of West Ham supporters

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.