Open-world Terminator game revealed

I don’t know, I felt like everyone wanted to see the impending war with the machines depicted in future scenes of T2. At least that’s the sense I got when T3 came out and was lacking.

T2 GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

I always assumed the Terminator series was the prequel to The Matrix.

But then they made that exact movie starring Christian Bale in 2009 (Terminator: Salvation) and it turned out to be both a critical and box-office disappointment.

1 Like

I have grown to like Salvation more over the years, but I didn’t like how they portrayed Kyle Reese’s character. If anything Salvation was probably too realistic, while T2 showed the future war as more pew-pew GI-Joe laser blasters.

I still feel like a lot of people wanted to see the last of humanity going toe to toe with chromed out T-800’s dual wielding laser blasters.

I really enjoyed the game Terminator: Resistance, which was set in the future war, ignoring everything as source material but the first two movies. It was lots of pew-pew action but also did a great job of capturing the ominous mood of the films, and everything was ultimately tied in closely with the time travel stuff so it didn’t feel like only a pointless side story. Of course, in my eyes that’s all the more reason this new game doesn’t need to exist. It’s already been done, and done well.

There was something in Salvation that really pissed me off but I don’t remember now what it was.

I think maybe it was that there was like some “computer room” that the terminators used and it was full of displays and keyboards? Even a humanoid future terminator wouldn’t need that?

Or also I have a vague memory of some GIANT humanoid terminator for some reason? But I’m not sure if that really happened or not

Yeah I think I remembered right. Why would you want a giant terminator to be humanoid? Despite the fact that it’s our shape, it’s objectively kind of a terrible robot body plan

Harvester | Terminator-RolePlay Wiki | Fandom.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of Terminator & T2, but as much as I wanted to see Dark Fate, I’m so burned out by all of the bad Terminator sequels & tie-ins that I just couldn’t force myself to watch it.

Still, I like the way Cameron & company pushed all the other Skynet-centered sequels out of the canon timeline.

I don’t know if the license if cheap, but it’s been way too easy.

The fact that it’s “humanoid” didn’t bother me nearly as much as the fact it seems to be diesel powered. You can see it rolling coal right after it attacks (which explains why it as attracted to that gas station.) And then it drops out the moto-terminators which appear to be way more advanced then the harvester. Is Skynet suffering bad enough it has to bring an old harvester out for upgrades?

I think there is a lot of back story that is left out of the Salvation timeline when you compare it to the other Terminator movies. If “terminators” were already a military project and this was once a military facility it might explain why you would have computers and keyboards around. You are right that a fully built Skynet facility shouldn’t need any physical interfaces.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.