OpenBenches is an interactive map of park benches

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/07/19/openbenches-is-an-interactive-map-of-park-benches.html

6 Likes

What a nice thing. I always read those plaques to see who the bench honours.

7 Likes

Anyone noticed the past few years, there’s no places to sit in public areas or even shopping malls?

Might be a cheeky way to discourage loitering, but we’re an ageing population who need to sit every now and then.

4 Likes

Agreed, and ditto. I especially like when I come across one on a nature trail (as opposed to in a more urban environment). I like them all, but out on a trail, it feels so very personal, like that person is posthumously sharing their favorite view with me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

notably missing: any reference to OSM of the fact you can create an account and add any missing benches you might find in the while. and while you’re at it, add anything else you find :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We can’t have poor and unhoused people laying flat on a BENCH, can we? The answer is to get rid of benches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.