Orange Alert

countdown to this being hacked by someone within the next year because you can be sure it’s running on unpatched windows (and zero day won’t even matter)

2 Likes

So you can send a whole U2 album to everyone but not a text? Sick world.

5 Likes

Collusions? With ravens? Nah. They’re very loyal.

Do you think I could use that message to get a restraining order on Cheeto CrayCray?

Never more!

4 Likes

I didn’t get any message earlier, but it finally came through, so I guess everything is alright.

@Brainspore
Ouch. Probably accurate.

I don’t want to be the equivalent of one of those people who thought that, since Obama was president, the National Guard maneuvers were going to turn into martial law. (But it’s not like we’re being paranoid about Trump misusing the federal government for his own gain for no reason.) I don’t quite get the point, though, even with Trump out of the equation (and it’s hard to remove him). I can see the utility of local and even, in some circumstances, state notifications. But a federal level notification seems totally unnecessary except in a circumstance where it wouldn’t be helpful (i.e. nuclear war with Russia).

Maybe we should stand outside and applaud the president, just to be safe. (That seems to be his only criteria for treason, so far.)

6 Likes

Orange Alert!

4 Likes

Will it have 5 sequels?

4 Likes

Ending in a prison sentence at its apex, I hope.

4 Likes

They need to eliminate the word: “Presidential” from the alert!

1 Like

Was it really though? As people have pointed out on slashdot, what kind of emergency requires the immediate attention of the entire country at once?

2 Likes

(Self-reply because it seems like an odd thing to edit in.)
Nuclear apocalypse maybe, but I severely doubt that’s going to matter: haven’t all the public bunkers been decommissioned for decades?

2 Likes

Those settings don’t apply to these alerts.

The most presidential alert.

swipe left - clear

Well that’s confusing. It showed up as an “Emergency Alert” notification on my phone, so I assumed it was handled the same as other emergency alerts and therefore affected by that setting (which I have enabled).

2 Likes

Just texted my folks (who are vacationing and visiting relatives in Puerto Rico), and I asked about the alert there (if any), FEMA in general, etc. This:

1. Many areas they’ve seen still in shambles.
  2. S-W portion of PR is in relatively good condition (but only because it was in ‘protected’ location.)
  3. Every hotel they’ve seen (and one they’re in) is still rebuilding.
  4. Per their waiter (I caught them at a restaurant) some people got the alert, and others didn’t. ???

I have no idea how PR residents would view the appearance or non-appearance of the expected FEMA alert test, but I would hazard to guess that both would have been met with shaking of heads. I’ll let my folks enjoy their pernil and arroz con gandules then grill them when they get back.

@beschizza *P.P.S.

[Pedantry over]

3 Likes

Ding-dong, the Orange is dead?

3 Likes