Oregon prepares to pump pump pump a-pump pump it up

There were already exemptions for gas stations in remote areas to remain open 24/7 and from the pandemic allowing stations to go self-serve when they couldn’t get people to man the pumps.

It should be noted the new law requires gas stations to still man half their pumps for folks who don’t want to pump their own.

4 Likes

up

Abso-fucking-lutely could not help meself, soz!

6 Likes

This was beautiful, never feel shame over being old, errr, inclined towards antiques

I would have gone with Trouble Funk, but I have memories of that Joe Budden video due to a sick cat from back in the day, and I just realized Joe B name drops Hypnotiq!!! Takes me back!

2 Likes
  • gas prices will fall in oregon
  • gas stations will pocket the wages of former workers
  • hahaha cars!? the rapture is tomorrow
0 voters
2 Likes

@Brainspore, sort of jinx? :thinking:

coca cola coke GIF

6 Likes

I’m so glad this finally went through. The gas stations near me in Portland haven’t been able to keep enough staff so half to 2/3 of their pumps are always closed and there’s at least a ten-minute wait to get gas while the harried attendants dart around the station at top speed. I’ve been finding it’s maybe a little bit slower but a lot less irritating to just drive up to Washington to get gas. Hopefully this change speeds things up a little bit.

I don’t think that’ll happen.

The law basically says that they cannot charge different prices for full vs self, that they must have at least 1 full service pump, and they cannot have more self service pumps than full service pumps. It also says that gas stations may have 0 self service pumps as an option.

So, in short, prices won’t go down. There won’t be former workers (though, there may be less hours /less pumps to cover)

Anyone who lives on the Jersey/Pennsyltucky boarder always fills up before coming over the Delaware to PA. Gas is MUCH cheaper in Jersey. That’s a tax & proximity to refinery thing.

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.