Oregon prepares to pump pump pump a-pump pump it up

Originally published at: Oregon prepares to pump pump pump a-pump pump it up | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Yo, pump it!

5 Likes

Isn’t this a form of self-checkout? Honestly, I just don’t know what to do anymore. I guess I’ll just stay home.

5 Likes

Madness. What’s next, letting untrained civilians press their own elevator buttons?

9 Likes

Human sacrifice! Cats and dogs living together!

9 Likes

Huh. I had thought this has already taken effect when this was in the news over a month ago, but apparently not. Guess that means I broke some laws when I passed through the State on a road trip in July.

4 Likes

Requiring gasoline to be pumped by dedicated pump-jockeys has one benefit: it employs people. It reminds me of “the reeks and wrecks” in Vonnegut’s “Player Piano”: a mindless job that keeps people busy

And as much as I hate reggaeton, this song can be added to the video playlist above.

6 Likes
13 Likes
9 Likes

It was dependent on the size of the town your pump was located in. Prior to today heavily populated areas were allowed to get pumpin’ – coveted small rural jobs were PROTECTED.

Ooooops, I am told i got it backwards. Big cities get jobs, farmers suffer.!

4 Likes

They really should have mandated that people are employed at charging points to plug in EVs.

4 Likes

Pumpers

3 Likes

Every YT joke should have the punchline in the title

4 Likes

If that would get broken chargers or disfuntional payment systems fixed faster, sounds like a great idea.

3 Likes

Cunk_on_Earth__Every_Pump_Up_the_Jam_Segue

10 Likes

I would say one of the new risks of unmanned gas pumps is the installation of credit card skimmers, which on gas pumps, are becoming much more sleek and difficult for the average person to spot.

9 Likes

Will Smith Fainting GIF

4 Likes

6 Likes

There is a classic hip-hop/rap sample I am thinking of, whose origins escape me - but here is a classic 80s pump up song…

3 Likes

4 Likes