Original 'Wilhelm Scream' found in discarded tapes

Originally published at: Original 'Wilhelm Scream' found in discarded tapes | Boing Boing

6 Likes

:scream:

8 Likes

I dunno, I’m more into the Howie scream myself.

3 Likes

I’m more of a leg man.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Replace it with the Goofy yell.

@Robbo Goats are a good suggestion, too.

2 Likes

This was so overused in the 90s I despise it and cringe everytime I hear it. :confounded:

1 Like

The cool thing about this is that the guy who found the recording digitized it an made it free. Sheb performs various takes on the scream before nailing the iconic one after a bit of direction.

5 Likes

Sheb Wooley, also the singer of Purple People Eater.

That’s two wonderful things this man has given us

Wilhelm recent spoiler: As appropriately to the series, there was a Wilhelm in Indy V early on in the film. I did appreciate that it was well laid in the sound mix and not as stand out noticeable as it often is.

4 Likes

Now the video is private?!

Nooooooooo
Star Wars No GIF

Sheb also performed as Ben Colder. (I had an 8 Track of “The Wacky World of Ben Colder” which I’m really surprised no one stored in a magnetic field when I wasn’t around.) Apparently he wrote the theme song for Hee Haw.

1 Like

I knew that name was familiar! Thanks for the reference.

1 Like

Shortly after the post went live, CBS inexplicably scrubbed it from the internet. Well, except for this one spot: Hollywood's "Wilhelm scream" has a life of its own - CBS Los Angeles

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.