Watch the OG 'Wilhelm Scream' as it happened

Originally published at: Watch the OG 'Wilhelm Scream' as it happened | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m aware of at least one instance that second video missed:

4 Likes

I was under the impression it was a different movie that originated the scream. But it turns out the movie I am thinking of is where we got the NAME of the scream.

5 Likes

8 Likes

The “Papasan Yell” never took on, I can’t get’a break.

8 Likes

Wilhelm scream was my favorite notification sound. My favorite moment was when I had the volume cranked and got a text right as I zipped up my fly next to someone at a rest station urinal.

7 Likes

That was me Dude…

2 Likes

1 Like

There’s one other scream that i’ve heard more than the Wilhelm Scream, and was aware of it before i became familiar with the Wilhelm one. It’s called the Howie Long Scream apparently

3 Likes

That is a pretty long scream.

2 Likes

here ya go:

5 Likes

When you fell off of something and died in Dark Forces, that was the sound effect used.

Now that I know the name, I will go look it up.

ETA - found the origin. Bonus - dead biker Nazis.

Cued up at the scream part.

3 Likes

Oh dear, the associations I have.

I shall henceforth try to emulate a proper Wilhelm scream every time I hear that one above mentioned.

2 Likes

I loathe the Wilhelm scream. It immediately shatters my immersion and cheapens every scene it is in, IMHO. My understanding is that sound engineers sneak it in as an inside joke, but I really wish they’d stop.

11 Likes

This post truly put a smile on my face. I used to have a Wilhelm Scream app on my first iTouch. Too bad it’s no longer available. Otherwise it’d be on my phone right now.

So I’ve bee watching the video clips above here, leaning against the rusty guard rail here on my balcony and I was just thinking…

(guard rail gives away)

:: Wilhelm scream ::

THANK YOU

BB won’t let me post unless I elaborate: I’m so sick of that scream. Worst. Scream. Ever.

2 Likes

This is part of the scream that the “fast zombies” make in Half Life 2 when they attack the player.

(cued to appropriate sound clip)

2 Likes

100% agrree.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.