Pack more in less with this space-saving vacuum kit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/03/pack-more-in-less-with-this-sp.html

Remember, it will shrink the amount of space you use but it will not lighten the load. Airlines have weight restrictions as well as size restrictions.

3 Likes

Hmmm, a handy one-handed vacuum pump? If anyone wants me, I’ll be in the Emergency Room looking both in pain and embarrassed.

7 Likes

Sucks.

3 Likes

OR, you could pack less crap…traveling light (one carry-on, period) took me a while to get down pat, but reduced my traveling anxieties exponentially.

3 Likes

Last time I got a cheap fare, I was surprised to learn of two restrictions: NO overhead carry on. Had to check my one bag. The other restrictions was: no upgrading your ticket to something that allows you a carry on.

Sheesh.

1 Like

I got some of these bags that work with a vacuum cleaner, instead of a hand pump, and used them to make several hundred stuffed animals which cannot be gotten rid of under any circumstances fit in the back of a closet.

3 Likes

Nice. Do you have to open the bags every now and then? I used large ones to compress some guest pillows, blankets and other guest fluff, but I wasn’t impressed with the quality. The bags survived about three openings, if I remember correctly. This sucked, in a bad way, because I put the stuff into the drawer below the couch. Which now can’t be opened.

2 Likes

I put them in the attic, which is very much outside the heated/air conditioned part of the house. And the plastic got yellow and very stiff and then one day my ex-wife found them and tried to pick up the bag, at which point there was a minor floof explosion as the bag shattered. I was secretly amused.

3 Likes

And you’re the last one to board too. I didn’t know American Airlines even had a Group 9.

2 Likes

Group 9 (weeps softly)

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.