Parents and college prep agent allegedly deepfaked photos of kids to make them look athletic

I’ve been in the same place for the past few days.

Doesn’t matter what religious/philosophical/sociological belief system one grows up under, the vast majority have some sort of “follow the rules and be a good person” component.

And then you grow up and realize that it just makes you the sucker at the table. We’ve been groomed to be victims in the system. Figuring that out is painful, and rage-inducing.

3 Likes

Does Andy Baldwin not know where his heart is?

(Having not seen the show, I think I just made a funny, but don’t know for certain.)

3 Likes

Patriotic heartburn indigestion?

3 Likes

Manageable being the main thing. Being dyslectic is manageable. Being somewhat ad(h)d is manageable (though you’d probably benefit from a school specialized in that sort of thing depending on your ‘adhd level’). Being on the autistic spectrum doesn’t need to have any effect on your learning capabilities.

But if you need an extra person in the room because of your learning disability to make a test I’d think it has crossed the line from manageable to being on the wrong school . But this seems to be a highly controversial opinion here on BB.

I might have put it a bit strongly as well. English is not my first language and I interpret(ed) ‘learning disability’ as ‘bad at learning’. Which seems to me a valid reason for a school to refuse a student if they do entrance exams in the first place.

Oh well.

I’m past some of that and I think I have had some answers for a while. I think where I’m stuck is why I keep being shocked and whether I go far enough with my answers.

2 Likes

True, but at least I can still look myself in the mirror every day and not be ashamed of what I am and how I got to where I am. I count myself richer than any of these shallow fools because I have 3 wonderful kids and 3 G’Kids who know what life and love is about. They are great people and I like who they’ve become and are becoming.

3 Likes

Sounds like someone here has never had experience with an accomodated testing environment.

The test-taker may need extra time. They may need assistance technology. As such, they are usually being tested at a different time and even place than the other test-takers.

The proctor is supposed to be there to ensure that the student doesn’t cheat. That’s why it can’t be your sister or your mom or your best friend. But in this case the proctor was there to facilitate the cheating and ensure that the target scores were met.

So saying that someone who requires accomodations to get into university doesn’t belong there is inherently ableist. This story is about cheating. And no, those types of people don’t belong. There is a profound difference between the two.

9 Likes

Way to muddy the waters guys, Deep Fakes and photoshop are not the same thing.

I truly do not think you understand what the words you are typing actually mean. And I am giving you a lot of benefit of the doubt by saying that.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.