Paris terrorists used disposable burner phones to hide plans. No evidence of encryption

[Read the post]

3 Likes

WHAT? No encryption? What will the FBI think of next for bullshit reasons to peek into every American’s phone?

14 Likes

The terrorists used phones! If only the FBI had the source code to all phone software, they could stop this sort of thing. They could make the phone always listen to what you’re saying for suspicious keywords, watch what you’re doing for suspect activities… we could all finally be safe.

14 Likes

4 Likes

The Cylons own the networks.

8 Likes

Ban cell phones.

12 Likes

I understand the terrorists used words and sentences…

14 Likes

Finally, an idea I can support!

11 Likes

i heard the stupidest thing in an NPR report about the capture of the sole surviving terrorist in the paris attacks - that people at the bataclan theater claimed to have seen “encryption software” on one of the terrorists’ laptops. really? in the middle of a massacre you’re auditing an attacker’s laptop!? right… sounds like the french government is reaching, too.

9 Likes

While driving an auto, I’m a big YES for that!

7 Likes

And “code names”, they had “code names” too.

6 Likes

Oh o spaghetti o’s!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/21/471353161/fbi-says-it-may-be-able-to-access-shooters-iphone-without-apples-help

2 Likes

See?

This security theatre is moot points.

NSA has everything.

We know everything, man.

Where are your rights, now?

p.s. I speak as an American citizen, yo, I run this excrement, just like you, and where are you, exactly?

1 Like

Sounds like NPR parroting the NYTimes or NYTimes’ source.

“no evidence the terrorists used crypto at all” Of COURSE not! The evidence is ENCRYPTED!

1 Like

oh ! f**k, it is all over ! words and sentences !

4 Likes

Time to ban talking!

1 Like

law enforcement is quite happy with ubiquitous location devices.

I think your comment should be rephrased:

Ban user-activated telephony and internet access on cell phones.
2 Likes

That would actually make the world safer, unlike The War on Privacy.

2 Likes