Parler is down, and Apple just gave Parler 24 hours to ‘Improve Moderation’ or they are banned from App Store

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/08/parler-is-down-and-apple-just-gave-parler-24-hours-to-improve-moderation-or-they-are-banned-from-app-store.html

13 Likes

33 Likes

Alahmnat_018 Alahmnat_017

30 Likes

Whoops. Calling an editor.

Receiving reports that Parler is down, not long after Trump banned Twitter and a host of other accounts related to the armed insurrection at the Capitol on Wednesday.

18 Likes

Someone tell me if the TERs follow the rest of the CHUDs to parler, If that happens then I might consider rejoining twitter.

No promises though.

19 Likes

Reports are that Trump set up Parler account this afternoon.

8 Likes

Google has apparently decided to not even bother with the 24 hour formality.

29 Likes

Considering how over emotional those racists get, have to wonder how many are raging themselves into a stroke?

Something like this old meme:

8 Likes

Oh, but would he ever like to do that right about now.

Fixed. Thanks :wink:

19 Likes

Oh man :joy:

My first thought:

YOU STOLE MY CLOUDSONG!!!

8 Likes

Yup, just checked and it gone.

Interestingly Google suggested apps for OANN, The Epoch Times, and Rush Limbaugh. What a surprise

11 Likes

There’s absolutely a mad-scramble ass-covering going on all over Silicon Valley right now. This definitely isn’t any sort of genuine come-to-Jesus, good-faith enforcement effort.

29 Likes

Agreed. But I’m enjoying it nonetheless.

24 Likes

I reckon Parler crashed 'cause everyone’s anticipating the God-Emperor setting up his first account there.

As for Twitter banning the Mango Mussolini, I can’t help but notice that they waited 'til Friday after 5 o’clock. Profiles in Courage!

11 Likes

So Parler has the choice of cracking down on the “free speech” and no longer being Parler, or not being on iOS? This’ll be fun!

10 Likes

Many people on Parler are so pissed at him both after this week and some before (sMilo) - he may not get the reception there that he had hoped for.

And after the inauguration- he’s just a loser who is competing with them for grifting now.

12 Likes

If only they knew how to use a web browser…

13 Likes

Yeah, like this won’t fan the conspiracy theory flames even further…

1 Like

Google has followed suit.

11 Likes

It doesn’t matter. MAGA chuds are immune to persuasion, so it’s a guaranteed waste of time to be influenced by what they do or don’t believe.

8 Likes