Passengers on Canada's hammer-style ride get stuck upside down for half and hour (video)

Originally published at: Passengers on Canada's hammer-style ride get stuck upside down for half and hour (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

(I’m not clicking that. I fear you may never give me up.)

Not having an “override - return to start and then stop RIGHT NOW!” button for this ‘amusement’ seems a tad anti-H&S?

3 Likes

I’m guessing this just means that it needed to swing back and forth a few times to bleed off energy (as this style of ride is designed to do) rather than immediately rotate down and come to a stop.

Sounds like a rough time though. Hopefully these passengers were well compensated by the park.

1 Like

That there is a quartet of axis-swinging double-bladed axes.

6 Likes

Once you start the wash cycle, you’ve got to wait it out, at least until the water drains out. :smile:

4 Likes

Fortunately, passengers eventually made it back to the ground in once piece at about 11:05 p.m.

Let’s celebrate! Soda pop and funnel cakes for everyone! :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Looks like you preemptively gave my Hammer Time joke the ax. I’m sure the BBS at large appreciates it.

2 Likes

We’ve always got time for the Hammer. Go for it.

Turns out you can’t even buy a double bladed axe any longer, so no wonder at the
hatchet job. (Carla - I don’t mean to maul you - just a vehicle for the pun!)

Canadian Tire

1 Like

Park was quoted as saying “Sorry!”

1 Like

I think Hammer Time has passed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yikes. Being fully upside down isn’t just scary and uncomfortable - it’s downright dangerous. It can kill you. It greatly increases blood pressure in the brain and can cause it to hemorrhage - which is why they don’t recommend doing it for more than a few minutes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.