People walked slightly different in Medieval times

I wish my upstairs neighbor shared your generous helping of self-awareness…

I’m clearly in the heavy boots department. Did extensive work under very basic conditions in various environments, with and without critters.
I’d always opt for my meindl boots. They saved my trips more than once.
I get tired either way, heavy or not.

As a student playing badminton, I used to go through a pair of Dunlop Green Flash twice a term. But apparently someone did a study of trainers and decided that Green Flash were actually best for your feet.

I wear these when I’m working:

That’s mostly because I’d wear out a pair of Volleys in few weeks on my job. Working on your knees in the forest is rough on the toes of your shoes.

The steel cap also helps with the occasionally axe oopsie etc.

2 Likes

Chucks and Converse are the same. I don’t wear mine often because i’m not used to walking on the balls of my feet, last time i wore them for an extended period of time was pretty painful. Need to use them more to work on walking appropriately.

2 Likes
1 Like

I can understand that. Eurocentrism is a problem that needs to be addressed, no doubt. I was just addressing the specifics of the video. Certainly specifics of bodily conditions in specific time AND places should be addressed and amplified. You and @popobawa4u are right that “people” shouldn’t equal “europeans.”

3 Likes

Hey - those are really similar to Stormtrooper boots. Only the are white with flat soles vs textured.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.