Peruvian officials seize eight million dried seahorses

What if the eight million seahorses were a feint? What actually got through while they were busy was three tons of coke on a different plane.

2 Likes

It’s not racist, it’s culturalist, and with good reason. My offhand guess is that if any of those stories are bullshit, it’s not more than 20%. Endangered species are routinely pillaged to feed a giant market in complete fucking woo.

3 Likes

Divide anything by 1.5 billion and you get a small number. I’m sure the people of Beijing are happy to know that statistically their air is clean.

1 Like

I’m not saying that Beijing is good, I’m saying that we’re crap.

In terms of mass global megadeath creation, carbon pollution is a much bigger deal than smog.

I attended a presentation at our local university on the hunting of sharks for their fins. I had not previously cared much about the issue, but afterward I was saddened and angry that this practice is going on, unchecked. In the samples the professor had obtained, 20% of the fins were from species that cannot be identified - they are species not known to science, being hunted to extinction before we know anything about them. If we can imagine that this cache of seahorses is just a small portion of a larger trade, it is awful.

3 Likes

Yea but how do we convince them to go to the trouble if importing Chavs?

Being a physicist, I certainly won’t disagree with point one. I’ve been making that argument since the first solid data started appearing in the 80’s.

But not point 2. Smog IS carbon pollution. Specifically, in Beijing, it is carbon from burning coal, which is the worst possible source.

1 Like

What exactly is wrong with Chinese guys’ dicks?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.