PETA launches "human" leather goods store that seems right out of a horror movie

Do you? Because you seem to be taking it very literally. Do you think that PETA thinks this is how leather items made from humans would look? It’s exaggeration but I think the know that.

All motorcycle riders have a human skin jacket underneath somewhere, unless they have a hell of a lot of pre-existing scar tissue.

You can’t have degloving without a glove!

2 Likes

I think they are more ecofascist than leftist. I can’t remember meeting anyone who liked PETA back when I didn’t eat meat, everyone thought they gave us a bad name.

PETA definitely think that I should have just died instead of working round my food allergies (onions seem to be in nearly every vegan premade meal, and I am disabled so preparing my own food is mostly out). I don’t like eating meat, and I still have bad memories of the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak in the UK, but survival comes first.

7 Likes

I remember reading an article (which naturally I cannot track down now) which claimed that the treatment required to make a fur coat and to preserve it means that burying/composting it would do little to improve soil ecology and may negatively affect it.

The seamless leather jackets in “La mélancolie des sirénes par trente mètres de fond” were much better quality.

The base of the novel: some kind of accident flooded and killed thousands of people in the subway, but their bodies and skins are perfectly preserved. You can guess where we go from there.

Suggested reading, as is any other of early Serge Brussolo’s works.

IMO - find someone who wants it. One used item resold/given away, is one less NEW item that will be bought.

1 Like

They should have read Golden Kamuy and gone really nuts with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.