Photographer creates beautiful memorials for dead animals found on the side of the road

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/20/photographer-creates-beautiful-memorials-for-dead-animals-found-on-the-side-of-the-road.html

7 Likes

This is the wonderful thing I needed to see today.

7 Likes

Lovely and heart-rending. I apologize to every animal I see dead on the highway, because we humans suck.

6 Likes

On the highways around our x mass tree farm in upstate New York, you could see the bodies of critters who had been run down, sometimes on the shoulder of those roads.Often, it was not an accident.They had almost made it across, but the motorist swerved to nail them. (I’ve seen it happen).

4 Likes

Far too many rednecks I’ve met are downright proud to go the extra distance to take out cats, porcupines, woodchucks, their “asshole neighbor’s” dog, and other critters they don’t consider worthy of life. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Replace the timer with a pressure fuse.

2 Likes

And after the photos, what happens then?

I’d expect the buffet is open for the turkey vultures, crows, and others to scavenge, as is natural.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.