Photographer shows how similar tourist's Instagram travel images are in 'Instatravel'

Perhaps, but I have friends in Sweden and an aunt of mine married a Swedish guy so going there meant no hotel stay and people who could show me around :slight_smile: I do want to do a trip across Sweden, Norway and some other places. Some day I hope

2 Likes

When you get down to it, most of us most of the time are just taking pictures of taking pictures.

1 Like

I’m apparently supposed to watch this and be dismayed at the repetitive nature of these media-creation rituals, but I’m not. At all. What this looks like to me is social rituals that are embedded in communities. So save me the hand wringing that people have found ways to enjoy public spaces with people they don’t know, to reflect on and enjoy the food they eat, to focus on the people in their lives that matter to them.

There’s a lot of dislike about the attention treadmill of social media, and there’s a lot to distrust about the social-approval feedback loop. But people taking photographs of themselves in historic sites? Not something I mind.

This is a perfect summary of why I don’t tourist.

those are some mighty pretty reflections on your cave wall there, Plato :wink:

1 Like

So, if you wanted to be nicer about it, they’ve produced a video about the joys we share as a species. Oh no! We like the same things!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.