Piece of ice in river forms perfect circle

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/11/piece-of-ice-in-river-forms-pe.html

10 Likes

Someone almost divided by zero?

4 Likes

I love it when nature shows us how math is integrated into the world.

10 Likes

They’re everywhere!

10 Likes

Not math - fairies.

11 Likes

Pinky, are you thinking what I’m thinking?
I think so Brain, but where are we going to get a needle and record big enough at this time of night?

24 Likes

If this is viral marketing for “Signs 2: This Time They’re Not Stupidly Vulnerable to a Ridiculously Common Substance” I’ll be very disappoint.

5 Likes

I’m not saying that its aliens… but its aliens.

11 Likes

10 Likes

I’ll bet “Rainbow Sprinkler Lady” has something to say about this phenomenon.

6 Likes

Nah, it’s a fella named eddy. He comes on turbulent at first, but he’s a swirl guy if you give him a chance.

Dear diary, today fluid dynamics saved me from a Signs sequel. Today was a good day.

16 Likes

These formed in Rensselaer County, NY on a very cold day several years ago. They’re about a meter across.

15 Likes

#It’s the Circle of Ice

I don’t know, it could be meth fairies…

11 Likes

Looking at the center I’m sure it started out that way, but it appears that much of the outer growth is new ice?

2 Likes

Refrozen snow melt?

3 Likes

It looks like pancake ice, which is a typical stage of ice formation in rough waters.

5 Likes

I don’t care to put a dragonbone arrow into that spriggon. It’d probably spawn a daedric quest. I hate daedra.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Awww! But clannfears are so cute!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.